Trimming videos from your mobile device is a great way to create a short clip from a longer video you’ve recorded. While trimming videos on the web version of Sibme creates a trimmed copy of the original version of your video, trimming video on the mobile app allows you to choose between a trimmed copy and trimming the original video. Trimming videos on your mobile device is only available in Offline Videos, so be sure to upload the trimmed version of your video to your private Workspace or a Huddle to make the trimmed video available in the Sibme Cloud.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission.
- Super Admin
- Account Owner
Steps to accomplish the task:
To trim a video on your mobile device.
1. Select the video you’d like to trim from your Workspace or Offline Videos by tapping on desired tab at the top of the screen and scrolling to find the appropriate video.
2. Access the “Video Options” button by tapping on the three dots next to the video thumbnail on Android devices.
3. Select “Edit Video” from the pop up menu
4. Using your fingers, tap and drag the beginning and ending arrows to the appropriate start and end times for your video. You can also drag the overall trimmed time-length from one part of your video to another by tapping on the middle of the blue arrows and dragging it back and forth along the video line.
5. Tap Done once you’ve trimmed the video to your desired clip click save and choose from one of the following options:
a.Trim Original: This will replace your original video file with a trimmed copy of your video
b.Create New Clip: This will create a new video file in your offline videos in addition to the untrimmed version of the video
At this point, your trimmed video is only available in your Offline Videos on your mobile device. To make your video available in the Sibme Cloud:
1. Tap the Cloud icon next to the trimmed version of your video to upload the video to the Sibme Cloud. Select Upload Video when prompted.
2. Choose from one of the following options:
a. Tap Upload to Workspace to upload the video to your private Workspace
b. Tap Upload to Huddle and select the appropriate Huddle to share the video into a Huddle
3. Once your trimmed video successfully uploads to your Workspace or a Huddle, you can delete the video from your offline videos.
Keep in mind that videos will upload to your Workspace automatically once you’ve finished recording. To keep things clear, you might want to rename your trimmed video before uploading it to your Workspace. Otherwise, you’ll have two videos with the same name.
- Trimming Video on Mobile - iOS Devices
- How do I upload, download, rename, copy and delete videos and resources in My Workspace?
- Saving Offline Videos on your iOS device
- Saving Offline Videos on your Android device
- Saving Offline Videos from your iOS device to your computer
- How do I upload my recorded videos in Sibme to the Sibme cloud?
- How do I upload my recorded videos in Sibme Android to the Sibme cloud?