Help your teams get more done and grow together with Sibme Goals! In addition to Users in an account having the ability to create their own goals, Admins, Super Admins, and Account Owners can create and assign Goals for groups of individuals to complete together. Group Goals allows a group to add Evidence, Reflect, and complete Action Items as a Group.
*Please note: The terms Goals and Action items may be different in you account depending on the custom labels your Account Owner defined.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission.
Steps to accomplish the task:
1. Determine if you are creating an Individual Goal for your group/team or a Group Goal. Here’s how to tell:
Is this a goal that your group or team will work to accomplish collectively - meaning no one person can accomplish the goal on their own? For example, the goal is to raise campus achievement scores in reading by 12% before the Spring. If yes, then you’ll create a Group Goal and can follow the direction below.
Is this a goal that your group or team will accomplish individually, at their own pace? For example, each teacher will raise their student’s reading achievement scores by 12% before the Spring. If yes, then you should create an Individual goal and add your group or team as Owners. Find the help article related to this here.
2. From the Goals* tab, click the blue + button in the top right corner.
3. In the New Goal pop-up, select Group as your goal type, add a title, and click ‘Save.’
(Think you might reuse this goal down the road? Create a Template Goal instead!)
4. Once in the Goal Creation screen, add details to your goal such as a description, start and end date and a Goal Category.
5. Before you can save your goal and add Action Items, you must identify at least one Owner. You can add an Owner(s) by clicking on the wheel cog next to Owners. The Goal Owners added to the Group Goal will share this Goal and work together on it.
6. Select individuals or a Group from the list or search for them using the search bar.
7. If you would like to have access to the group’s goal, or provide access to others, you will have to add yourself or others as one or more of the Collaborator Roles. Here’s a quick review of Collaborator Roles:
Viewer - This Collaborator can only view the Goal and overall progress of the Group’s Goals. They cannot see specific action items, edit, or review the Goal and Action Items for the Group.
Edit - This Collaborator can edit the Goal and Action Items for the Group.
Evidence - This Collaborator can add evidence and/or reflections on the Group’s Goal and Action Items and check them as complete.
Review - This Collaborator can view a Group’s Goals and Action Items as well as review progress and evidence. The Reviewer is notified when an Action Item is marked complete, can review that Action Item and provide Feedback, and can uncheck the completion box when necessary.
Note: In some circumstances, it may be appropriate to name an Owner one or more of the Collaborator roles as well. For example, if you want them to be able to edit their Goal or Action Items along the way.
8. Once you’ve added your Owner(s) and Collaborator(s), ‘Save’ your Goal to begin adding Action Items.
Whether you are creating a goal for a small group or large group, Sibme Goals makes it easy to create, assign, and collaborate on the goals that matter to you!