Account Owners and Super Admins can change a user’s user role from the People Tab. Admins can change Users to Viewers only. Users can be made Super Admins, Admins, Users, and Viewers from the People tab. Only the Account Owner can make someone else the Account Owner. Additionally, users can be granted extra privileges beyond the default permissions for their user role in the People Tab.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission.
- Super Admin
- Account Owner
Changing a user’s User-Role
- Navigate to the People Tab and find the user you wish to edit.
- Click on the Access button next to the user’s picture or avatar
- Select the radio button next to the User Role you wish to update for the user.
- Click Save Changes
Grant Extra Privileges
You can also grant Extra Privileges to a user by Clicking “See All” under the word “Privileges” from their access page.
To add or remove privileges, check the appropriate boxes. Only items with a checkbox next to them can be edited for the user role selected. Click Done and then the Save Changes button once you have checked the Extra Privileges you wish to add for a specific user.
Changing the Account Owner for your account
- Navigate to the Account Settings page from the Dashboard
- Change the Account Owner from the dropdown box. You can only select users whose current User Role is Super Admin. If you wish to make someone not listed on the dropdown box the Account Owner, you will first need to make them a Super Admin from the People tab.
- Click the Select as New Account Owner link
At this point, you will no longer be the Account Owner for your Sibme account. Sibme accounts can only have one Account Owner. By changing the Account Owner, you will be made a Super Admin by default and will no longer have access to the Account Settings section of your Sibme Account.
User Roles are an important part of your team’s access to their Sibme accounts. Changing a user’s User Role will impact the pages they are able to access in Sibme. See below for more information about User Roles.