Coaching Huddles are a great place for pairs of people to share videos and resources. You can invite anyone in your account to join you in a Coaching Huddle, and you can customize settings within the Huddle to allow each participant the appropriate amount of control to manage content within the Huddle.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission to create a Coaching Huddle.
*In some accounts, Users have permission to create Coaching Huddles.
Creating Coaching Huddles
You can create all Huddles from the Huddle Dashboard in your sibme account on the web.
1. Select Coaching Huddle from the options on the first screen. You may not see all of the options in the image below, depending upon your account settings. If you do not see the Coaching Huddle button, ask your Account Owner for more information.
2. Select Participants by typing their names or email addresses into the search bar. To add a participant, click on their name. You will not see all of the users in your account at first, but begin typing a name into the search box to find each participant you would like to add to the Huddle. As you add participants to the huddle, their names will populate above yours in the list
3. By default, the Huddle creator will be a Coach in a Coaching Huddle. When adding a participant to your Huddle, you will need to decide which participant should be the Coachee. There can only be one Coachee in a Huddle. After selecting all of the participants in your Huddle, select which participant will be the Coachee by clicking the word Coachee next to their name.
NOTE: Once you have selected the Coachee for your Coaching Huddle, the Huddle name will default to the Coachee’s name. You can edit the name of the Coaching Huddle by clicking in the text box under Huddle Name.
Click on More Huddle Settings to open the additional settings popup window.
Type a description into the Huddle Description textbox to add additional text below the title in the Huddle Dashboard. (optional)
Choose whether to enable Custom Marker Tags and Frameworks in this Huddle. If you enable Frameworks, you will need to select a Framework from the dropdown box.
Decide whether you would like to allow Coachees to download, edit, copy, and delete all videos in this Huddle.
Decide whether to enable to Publish Button in this Huddle. If you enable the Publish Button, than coaches will be able to publish all feedback at once when they are ready to share feedback with the coachee. Coachees will not be able to view comments or tags in any videos in this huddle until the coach clicks the Publish Button for each video.
You can type a message that will appear in the email invitation all Huddle Participants will receive once you’ve finished creating the huddle.
7. Click the blue Save Button to confirm your Huddle settings.
8. Click the Green Done Button to finish creating your Coaching Huddle.
Coaching Huddles are intended to be 1:1 spaces for two people to share video and resources with one another. Additionally, Coaches can provide robust time-stamped feedback to Coachees in a secure space. While activity performed in a Coaching Huddle is tracked in the Coaching Tracker and account analytics, only the Coaches and Coachees in each Huddle will be able to see the videos and resources shared in each Coaching Huddle.