There are several ways to add people to a huddle. It can be done when the huddle is created, it can be done be choosing to edit the huddle after it is created, and it can be done by going to the People Tab, locating an existing user, and giving him/her permission to access the huddle. This article will focus on adding people to an already-existing huddle through accessing the People Tab.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission.
- Super Admin
- Account Owner
Steps to accomplish the task:
Follow these steps to add participants to an existing huddle from the People Tab:
1. Be certain that the participant you wish to add is activated in your account. If not, you will need to add them to the account by choosing the appropriate user section and selecting the green “Add” button before you will be able to add them to a huddle.
2. If the participant you wish to add to a huddle is in the account, select the People Tab from your Home Screen. (Note: If you do not have a People Tab, you have not yet been given permission to add participants into an existing huddle using this method. Please see your administrator.)
3. Once you are in the People Landing Page, locate the participant that you wish to add. If necessary (and you know the particpant’s current role in the platform) you may use the search function.
4. Once you have located the participant’s avatar, select “Access.” This will give you access to add this participant to a huddle.
5. From the Access Screen, you may see other huddles in which this person is participating—whether collaboration, coaching, or assessment
6. Scroll until you are able to select the type of huddle into which you wish to invite this participants.
7. Next, select +Add Huddles.
8. You will be given a list of all of the huddles into which you have permission to add participants.
9. Check the box next to the huddle into which you wish to add the participant and select the green Add button.
10. You will receive a message indicating that the participant was successfully added.
11. Depending on the type of huddle, you may also need to choose the role the participant will have within the huddle.