With Sibme, video notes and comments can be time-stamped to a specific time, to a range of time, or left as more generic, all-video comments. Video notes and comments are set to be time-stamped at a specific moment by default.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission.
- Users (not all Users will have permission to add comments to Video Library videos)
- Admin (not all Admins will have permission to add comments to Video Library videos)
- Super Admin
- Account Owner
Steps to accomplish the task:
To change from time-stamped to all-video note or comment, click the green toggle switch next to comment time prior to adding a new comment.
To create a time-range comment on the web version of Sibme.
- Create a time-stamped comment at the beginning of the range where you wish to create a time-range comment
- Click "Edit" below the comment once it appears in the comment feed to the right of the video.
- The text box below the video will appear with a yellow box around it and contain your original time-stamped comment. Edit the beginning and ending times by selecting from the drop-down boxes at the top of the box to select the hour, minute, and second you wish to begin and end the time-range comment. Once you have edited your time-range comment, select "Update."
When in the Sibme mobile app and ready to add a note or comment, tap “Add a note/comment.” Next, either before typing the note/comment or after typing the note/comment but before posting it, you may switch from time-stamped to all-video by tapping on the counter. This will toggle between a timer and the words All Video.
To create a time-range comment on the mobile version of Sibme.
- Create a time-stamped comment at the beginning of the range where you wish to create a time-range comment.
- Tap the three dots next to the comment once it appears in the comment feed below the video.
- Select "Edit Time"
4. Select the starting time by tapping next to "From" and selecting the appropriate time. Select the ending time by tapping next to "To" and selecting the appropriate time. Once you've selected the range where you wish to tag the comment, save your changes by clicking the word "Save" on iOS devices and the check mark on Android Devices.