Adding and customizing frameworks and rubrics to your account has never been easier! Through the Rubric Editor, Account Owners can create and manage frameworks and rubrics for their account.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission.
- Account Owner
How do I author Frameworks and Rubrics:
Adding and customizing frameworks and rubrics to your account has never been easier! Through the Rubric Editor, Account Owners can create and manage frameworks and rubrics for their account and then share them with your child accounts.
Accessing the Rubric Editor
There are two (2) ways to access the Sibme Rubric Editor. One, is on your HomePage by clicking on the Customize Account Settings and then going to the Rubric Editor
The second way to access the rubric editor is through the Account Settings on your User Profile. When you are in your Account Settings select the Rubric editor.
Authoring Frameworks and Rubrics with the Rubric Editor
To author a new framework or rubric, select the green New button located at the top right of the screen.
Authoring your framework/rubric consists of 3 steps. At any point during the creation of your framework/rubric, you have the option to Save and Exit or move on to the Next step.
- General Settings. In the General Settings screen you will name your framework/rubric, select the number of tiers you would like, and in which tier you would like your checkbox to be located. On the bottom right of this screen, you will see a sample layout that is responsive to your selections. Once you have made your selections, click Next.
2. Performance Levels. If you have Performance Levels activated in your account, you have the option to turn them on to complete this section of your rubric here. If you do not have Performance Levels, you can click Next to enter your framework.
Turning Performance Levels on gives you two options for your rubric:
1) Global Performance Levels
By default, when you turn Performance Levels on, you will be prompted to enter the PL Title and a Global Description. These global descriptors apply to all rubric standards.You will enter your Performance Levels and descriptors in order of Lowest to Highest. To add or remove Performance Levels from the list, use the Green + and - buttons. The blue arrow buttons allow you to select and edit Performance Levels on the list.
2) Unique Descriptors
The other Performance Level option you have is to turn on Unique Descriptors for your rubric. Selecting this option will remove the Global Descriptor boxes from the Performance Level screen. You will create the list of your PL Titles, in order from lowest to highest, on this screen and enter your unique descriptors for each standard on your rubric in the next step.
3) Framework. You will enter your framework/rubric standards and their prefixes here. Let’s get you oriented with the buttons which you will using:
When you add a new item in the tier you have activated checkboxes for selection in your framework/rubric, an additional field labeled Standard Analytics Label will appear. The text you enter in this field will determine what you see as the framework standard’s label in Analytics.
Additionally, if you selected Unique Descriptors for your Performance Levels in the previous screen, when you add a new item to the checkbox tier, you will be prompted to add the unique descriptors for each performance level of the standard in the appropriate fields.
Once your framework/rubric is complete, click Save & Exit to publish and manage your framework/rubric.
Publishing and Managing Frameworks and Rubrics
From the Rubrics screen in your Account Settings you can manage and publish the frameworks and rubrics in your account. Selecting the 3 horizontal dots (More) button under the word Action on the row of the rubric or framework will open a menu of options. From here you may select to Edit, Delete, Publish or Unpublish items on your list.
Important Notes about Managing your Frameworks and Rubrics
You can edit and delete frameworks and rubrics you are authoring at anytime prior to publishing. Once published, if the rubric has been utilized in the account, editing will impact analytics. We do not recommend editing a rubric once it has been published.
For frameworks and rubrics already published but no longer in use for your account, you can select Unpublish to avoid users from selecting them for use in Huddles they are creating. Unpublish will keep data in your analytics. Deleting a rubric or framework will delete all associated data.
- What is the difference between a frameworks and rubrics?
- How do I select a framework or rubric for a video?
- How can I add Custom Tags and Standards/Competencies from Embedded Framework/Rubric on Android
- How can I add Custom Tags and Standards/Competencies from Embeded Framework/Rubric on iOS
More questions about your account or authoring rubrics and frameworks? Contact [email protected] or your Sibme Customer Success Manager.