As an Account Owner, Super Admin, or Admin with administrative rights you have the ability to deactivate users in your account who are no longer active users. Deactivate users will no longer be able to access the account, yet their historical data remains. Additionally, deactivated users do not count towards your account user allotment. These individuals can easily re-activated and their access restored.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission.
- Super Admin
- Account Owner
- Navigate to the People tab and find the user you wish to deactivate.
- Click Deactivate.
- Clicking Deactivate brings ups a window giving you the option to Deactivate or Delete the individual.
- If you wish to delete the user and all connected videos and data permanently, click the trash can. Remember this will permanently remove all traces of the individual from the account.
- If you wish to maintain access to videos and data connected to the individual, but want to remove access to your Sibme account for that user, click on the power icon.
- Once an individual has been deactivated, you’ll find them in the Deactivated Users section of the People Tab.
Once you have deactivated an individual, they will no longer be able to log into Sibme and all of the videos in their private Workspace will no longer be available. However, any videos they uploaded to shared Huddles will still be visible in that huddle. Additionally, all data connected to that user will still be calculated in the aggregated data reports of your Analytics Dashboard. However, the user will no longer be listed in the Analytics User Summary page.
Deactivated users can easily be reinstated by clicking the Activate button.
If you’d like more information about people management, check out the following articles and videos.