You can record using your computer or laptop’s webcam in one of two ways. If you have a strong internet connection, you can record directly in Sibme using Method 1 below. If you are worried about the reliability of your internet connection, or if you are planning on recording a long video (more than 10 minutes), it is best to record using Method 2 below.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission.
- Super Admin
- Account Owner
Steps to accomplish the task:
1. Navigate to either Workspace or the Huddle where you would like the video to be stored initially.
2. Click on the green + Icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen. You will see a menu with several options of actions to take. Choose “Record Video.”
3. Click on the Camera Icon on the left side of the video uploader popup window. If prompted, give Sibme access to your camera and microphone. After reading it, click OK to accept the warning message regarding the importance of having a stable internet connection.
4. Click on the Blue Record Icon that appears at the bottom of the video uploader popup window when you are ready to record. This icon will appear when your computer’s webcam has turned on. You will see a preview of the image being captured by your computer’s webcam. As soon as you click the Blue Record Icon, your video will begin recording. In the lower left hand corner of the screen, you will see the words “Archiving on” with a flashing red dot. NOTE: If you become disconnected from the internet while you are recording using this method, any footage captured while you are disconnected from the internet will be lost. However, any part of the video that is recorded while connected to the internet can be preserved. If you become disconnected from the internet while you are recording, be sure to reconnect to the internet before proceeding to step 5.
5. Click on the Gray Stop Icon to stop the recording when you are done. NOTE: Make sure you are connected to the internet BEFORE clicking the Gray Stop Icon. If you click on the Gray Stop Icon while you are disconnected from the internet, your video will be lost.
6. Click on the blue Upload Icon in the video uploader popup window to upload the video to Sibme.
7. After completing these steps, your video will upload to Sibme and be available in the space (Workspace or Huddle) where you uploaded it. Remember, this method is dependent upon an internet-connected computer. Any video footage captured during a dropped internet connection will be lost.
Record with your laptop camera offline. You can use any webcam recording software to record a video file using your laptop webcam. Once you have recorded the video, save the file to your computer or a cloud drive (Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, or Dropbox). At this point, you will log into Sibme and upload the saved video file to either your Workspace or a Huddle you are participating in.
To learn more about uploading videos offline, see the first article in the “What’s Next” section.
Once you’ve uploaded your video, you might want to:
Uploading videos to the Sibme cloud | Sibme Help Center
How do I copy or share my video? | Sibme Help Center
Uploading Videos and Resources to a Huddle | Sibme Help Center
Add Custom Tags and Standards/Competencies | Sibme Help Center