Canvas allows an App to be configured manually using XML so that the app can be used in a Canvas Course. Configuring a Sibme App in a Canvas Course will allow Users to Single Sign-On from within a Canvas Course into Sibme. This will allow Users to seamlessly move back and forth between Canvas and Sibme without Users having to login every time.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your Sibme account administrator if you have permission.
Steps to accomplish the task:
The following steps will create a Sibme App within a Canvas course.
1. From within the Course in Canvas, select Settings from the bottom of the lefthand choice of options.
2. Select Apps from the Settings navigation and then click the “View App Configurations” button at the top right. This will open up the page where the application will be able to be added or edited.
3. From the External Apps page, click the “+ App” button. This will open a pop-up window that will allow you to configure the app.
4. In the Add App pop-up window, choose “Paste XML” from the Configuration Type drop-down. The following information should be added to the appropriate fields:
Consumer Key: Sibme-app
Shared Secret: rkHT0FNjgr7itxRaKc0oELW8LjrXGWIy
XML Configuration: Download from here and then copy and paste into this field.
5. Once the information has been entered and the Submit button has been clicked, the application will appear in the list of External Apps.
6. Refresh the browser screen and then the “Sibme” application will begin appearing in the course navigation on the left.
7. Selecting “Sibme” from the course navigation will authenticate the User and open Sibme in a new tab. If the User has a pop-up blocker enabled, then they can click the “Open Sibme App in New Tab” button to open Sibme.