If the Account Owner has enabled the Video Library, it will by default be accessible to anyone in the account. Through the Account Settings, the Account Owner can, however, remove and adjust the privileges of all Users within the account.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission.
- Super Admin
- Account Owner
Permissions in the Video Library
By Default, Viewers, Users, Admins, Super Admins, and Account Owners all have access to view videos, transcripts, attachments, and comments in the video library. Additionally, Users, Admins, Super Admins, and Account Owners all have permission to share videos from the Video Library into their Workspace and Huddles.
Account Owners and Super Admins are the only people who have default permission to:
- Manage Videos in the video library, which includes uploading videos, managing and creating categories/subcategories and editing videos.
- Delete videos
- Download videos from the Video Library to a computer hard drive.
Customizing permissions for Users and Admins:
While the Account Owner can remove the privilege for video library access to all Users, the Account Owner can also grant that privilege to specific Users by going to the the lock icon next to a specific user’s name in the People section and adding that permission.
- If the Account Owner has enabled the Video Library, in Account Settings under Account User Privileges, they can also give Users the privilege to upload videos and related resources to the Video Library by checking the box next to this privilege OR remove the access to the Video Library for all Users in the account by unchecking the box next to this privilege.
Additionally, this privilege can be managed for individual Users in the account by going to the People Tab, and selecting "Access" next to that specific user’s name, and adding that permission in the Extra privileges area.
While the Video Library is an excellent space within the platform to share exemplar videos, most programs do not grant the permission for Users to upload or share videos to this space. Additionally, Users do not have access to comment on Video Library videos by default. Both of these settings can be customized in Account Settings and for individual users in the People tab as well. These permissions are able to be customized exactly the same way as the permissions outlined above.
- The Video Library | Sibme Help Center
- Create Categories and Subcategories in Video Library | Sibme Help Center
- Upload, tag, organize, and add videos in Video Library | Sibme Help Center
- Delete a video or edit video information | Sibme Help Center
- Video Library in a Parent/Child Account | Sibme Help Center
- How do I attach a resource to a video? | Sibme Help Center
- Cinema Mode in the Video Library | Sibme Help Center
- Transcribing Videos | Sibme Help Center