If the Account Owner has enabled the Video Library, it will by default be accessible to anyone in the account. Through the Account Settings, the Account Owner can, however, remove and adjust the privileges of all Users within the account.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission.
- Super Admin
- Account Owner
Steps to accomplish the task:
While the Account Owner can remove the privilege for video library access to all Users, the Account Owner can also grant that privilege to specific Users by going to the the lock icon next to a specific user’s name in the People section and adding that permission.
- If the Account Owner has enabled the Video Library, in Account Settings under Account User Privileges, they can also give Users the privilege to upload videos and related resources to the Video Library by checking the box next to this privilege OR remove the access to the Video Library for all Users in the account by unchecking the box next to this privilege.
Additionally, if the Account Owner does not want to grant this privilege to all Users in the account, the Account Owner can add this as a privilege to individual Users in the account by going to the People Tab, and selecting the lock icon next to that specific user’s name, and adding that permission in the Extra privileges area.
While the Video Library is an excellent resource that is really designed to allow teachers (Users) within the platform access to exemplar videos, most programs do not grant the permission for teachers (Users) to upload videos to this space. Additionally, those who do have permission to copy videos into the library do, as a norm, always request the permission of the teacher before uploading a video in which they are featured.
- The Video Library
- How do I delete a video or edit the information associated with a video from the Video Library?
- Can I upload related resources with my video in the Account video library?
- How to upload, categorize, organize, and add videos to the Account Video Library?
- Video Library in a Parent/Child Account