If you are an Account Owner, Super Admin or Admin you have permission to add/invite and remove people from the account. While the Account Owner and Super Admin can add and remove Super Admins, Admins, Users, and Viewers, Admins can only add and remove Users and Viewers from the account.
Depending on the account’s user subscription allotment, you are limited to the number of people you can add to your account. However, you can add as many Viewers as you want to your account, since this is a free tier.
Who is this article for?
Based on the default user settings in the Sibme platform, you should have permission to complete this task if you are one of the user levels listed below. If you do not see the screens in this article, you can ask your administrator if you have permission.
- Account Owner
- Super Admin
Inviting people to your account:
The quickest way to add other people into your account is from the People tab. Account Owners and Super Admin have the ability to manage people within the account. Therefore, they are the only roles with a People tab. If you have a People tab, you have the option to invite a Super Admin, Admin, User, or Viewer depending on the levels of permissions and privileges you want people you are inviting into your account to have.
After you have invited people into your account this way, their avatar will appear in the section that corresponds to their role. If you made a mistake, you can easily change their Role or Permissions and Privileges by clicking on Access button next to their Avatar. You may also deactivate or delete a User by clicking on the "deactivate" Icon.
Adding Small groups of users
Each user section in the people landing page has an add button. Clicking the add button will open an add user popup. The popup will allow the user to add 3 additional users at a time. The fields available will be:
- Username: The new user's full name.
- Email: The new user's email address.
- Send Message: A field that will allow the user to enter a message to be sent in the welcome email.
Options will be:
- Send: Will allow the user to send the invitations.
- Cancel: Will allow the user to cancel adding users and will close the popup.
Bulk adding large groups of users
When an account owner or super admin is using the people section they will have the option to add multiple users to the account via a CSV file. Clicking on the button, found next to the account owner section at the top of the page, the user will be presented with a popup.
To bulk-upload multiple users:
- Download Sample CSV: the sample CSV that the user can download and use to get started. This sample CSV will have the following columns.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Role: type in the appropriate role for the user (Super Admin, Admin, User, Viewer)
- Send Email Checkbox: The user will be able to choose if they want users to get password information after they've been imported. The checkbox will be unchecked by default and will say, 'Email users account password information after import.' See screenshot.
- Click Upload
When a user is added directly or using the bulk method detailed above, this user will show up in the people tab with a red icon until they log in. Once they log in the icon will show their customized avatar, if they added one, or the generic gray avatar.
Roll over one of these user’s red icons and the icon will change from a person to an envelope:
Click on the envelope icon to view a popup to resend the invitation to that user.
If you’d like more information about people management, check out the following articles and videos.
- Account Owner and Super Admin Management Overview
- User Role Hierarchy
- How do I add and remove people from my account?
- How do I archive people?